Sunday, June 10, 2007

Okay, So Week 1 is done

The week was successful, well, sort of. I have been working out which is a big plus. I did three days at the gym. Two days of intense walking (one of those days I was carrying around my youngest munchkin who is 29 lbs) and one day of step aerobics at home. So I've been doing well on the getting out and about aspect and staying active. But, my healthy lifestyle eating is still in the works. Thankfully, I know it's not an overnight thing so I'm not beating myself up too badly. I'm really just being lazy with the healthy eating thing. I went to the store on Wednesday and filled my cart with healthier alternatives-lean chicken and turkey, fruits, veggies, and healthier snacks. Although, if you've been to my house, you know I've got gallons of water. I'm allergic to tap water. Okay not really, I just think it tastes awful. We already eat wheat grain breads and pasta, so we're on the right track.

Someone suggested turkey bacon in a comment. Thanks! I've always known about turkey bacon and thoroughly enjoyed it until an ex-boyfriend ruined the whole experience. He was a turkey bacon whore. He loved it and ate it all day every day religiously. For some stupid reason, he assumed he could eat as much as he wanted because it was healthier than pork bacon. Yeah, um, okay genius. So when he couldn't get the last 15 lbs off,(OMG, he whined ALL the time about his weight) he complained. Well, hello Einstein, put two and two together and figure out the answer. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean you can consume as much as you want. Knock knock. Who's there? Portion. Portion who? Portion control, you idiot!

So back on topic, I'm glad I rediscovered turkey bacon. I can't remember who commented about it, but thanks and I wish you 15lbs lighter. So anyway, I'll be honest and say I've made some really good choices this week about my eating habits and two bad ones. Well, maybe just one really bad one. Saturday I went to lunch with my good friend after we did the Walk for Change campaign to raise awareness for Barack Obama. We went to Uno's and I ordered a meal that metamorphosed directly into belly fat the moment I swallowed it. I had the "Bring Home the Bacon" burger and the skinless loaded baked potato. I washed it down with a pepsi, a smoothie, and a glass of water. No, wait, I didn't drink the water because it tasted like toilet water with lemon. Please, don't ask how I know what toilet water tastes like. So I was really bad. But, in my defense I did step aerobics later that evening.

My other not so good choice, which I don't think was really that bad was going to Red Lobster. I got the Boston Iced Tea which was really just brown colored cranberry juice. I still drank it though because I knew it was a smarter choice than anything else. I got their grilled chicken on a bed of rice pilaf with the steamed vegetables. Yeah, I know what your thinking "oh that's not bad". Well, it wasn't especially since I asked for a portion controlled size. But, here's where I went bad. I stole some of my kids' french fries. Yeah, I know two sins with one stone. I stole, and then lied to them about what happened to them. Thankfully they are only 3 and 4 and can't really rationalize yet that mommy is a french fry thief. To top off the meal, my husband ordered the banana fosters cheesecake. Dude, that's my favorite kind of cheesecake. Nobody does it like Copelands' Cheesecake Bistro in New Orleans. But, this wasn't New Orleans so I shouldn't of been tempted, right? We got it to go so we could share it later. Actually, we just wanted to eat it without having the kids ask us for some. Yeah, we're those kind of parents. I wasn't too bad though, I only ate a few bites. Really, mainly the crust and the whipped cream. You know, I think I could live off the crust on cheesecakes and whipped cream.

So technically, I did okay. If you count me devouring Prince with my eyes while watching Purple Rain last night, then I was really bad. I swear I could just eat him up. Oh, Prince...and Barack...and Will...and Sawyer...and of course Derrick. *sigh*. Just one more reason for me to get sexy and healthy.

No comments: