Monday, November 19, 2007

I Think I Can...I Think I Can

Wait...I know I can. I can kick the monkey's ass before he has a chance to climb on my back this Thanksgiving. I can keep it together. I can continue my workout. I can do it. I can not eat a whole pie and half a pan of macaroni and cheese (the good kind too that is baked in the oven...mmmm). I can do it, I just have to stay focused. I have to remember that I am working towards St. Lucia. St. Lucia is so much more important than some candied yams and chocolate cake. I can do it. I know I can. I won't give in. If I give in then Ducan and Otis will be begging me to take them back. I can't. I can't go back to a relationship where all I was dependent on them. I need my independence. I can do it. I've got a plan. I'm going to stick to the plan. I won't care about hurting so and so feelings because I won't try their food. I'll fake a headache. Too bad, my friend already came and went otherwise I'd fake cramps. But wait...they don't know that. Maybe I can use that one. I'll coat my nose with olive oil so it'll fend off all the wonderful smells. I can do it. I have to do it. St. Lucia, I love you, keep me strong.

2 comments:

Reflection said...

Yes,you can fight the temptation. Keep your eyes on the prize and fight, fight, fight!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I've tried everything in the book and since going natural, discovered a stronger sense of self and have decided to give it my all.... but you're doing it b4 Thxgiving.... whew! I will use you as inspiration but will not torture my mind till Nov 26th. funny.