Friday, May 15, 2009

I Pushed and I Pushed and I Pushed

Actually, I started pushing last week after my last weigh in. When I realized I was only 7lbs from having lost an even 40lbs, I decided to go for it this. So I pushed myself to the max. And while most of it was for the contest, the other part was the desire to be able to say "I just lost 40lbs"! And because well who wouldn't want to try to do it if it was within their reach. So I pushed and pushed and pushed. Seven pounds is the most I've ever lost in a week. And, it'll also be the last time I do again. I don't recommend, nor endorse it. But I am happy with it. I have now lost a total of 40lbs since Feb. WOW! That is just unbelievable. And now my husband owes me $100 from a bet we placed 7 years ago when I first got into the whole TaeBo thing. He told me it was a joke and that he doubted I'd lose even 10lbs. Well, 7 years later and now he has egg on his face, lol. I can't wait to tell him. Although, I doubt he'll give me $100 over it. I have a feeling he is going to have a case of selective amnesia.

What a journey! I can't believe the contest is over. Well, actually I can. And thank goodness!!! I want to do nothing but eat an entire box of doughnuts. But you know what the crazy part is? I couldn't even if I wanted to now. I can maybe eat 1 or 2, but if I even attempt to eat more, I feel sick. I've cut sweets almost out of my diet. Save for the occasional cupcake binge ;-) or chocolate bar, I really don't eat sweets anymore. After reading a bunch of books on weight loss and shrinking your waist line, I've found that sugary foods are the culprit. So I've done my best to Just Say No. And wow, it has actually paid off. When the contest started, my waistline was at 39 inches and now it's at 34!!! Of course it went up and down for awhile. But still!!! I've gone from a size 14/15 in pants to a now 10/11!

Now that the contest is over, the real challenge of maintaining the weight lost begins...

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

And now you can reap the rewards of all your hard work! How does it feel to be the biggest DAM LOSER??!! *grin* You should be EXTREMELY proud of yourself!

Marsha said...

I just wanted to say hello and say congratulations on your weight loss victory! I just stumbled upon on your blog today and found myself reading all of your previous entries. Enjoy that vacation as well!