Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Ooh!!!

Yes, I know! It's been forever since I've posted something. I'm sorry. Thank you to everyone who sent me emails asking what's going on. What's going on is my husband now works out of home and hogs the computer room when he isn't traveling. Last week he was out of town, but I was just too swamped with my boys and work to find the time to blog. And, then once I did get some energy, the husband came home and took over the computer room. Which drove me nuts because he has a freaking laptop so he shouldn't be utilizing the office. Okay, well...it is HIS office, but still. A girl needs to spend countless hours on facebook, blogging, chatting, and websurfing. But I digress...

Anyway, I've been doing really well. I'm still losing weight and last week I made some progress in losing inches. Which is what I really want. I'm doing very well in the Biggest Loser contest and I'm really hoping to maintain the lead because the money would be very nice. But, like I said from the beginning, it's about the money, but it's also about so much more. I'm healthy. I'm able to walk, run, climb, and wrestle without feeling winded or like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. So if I don't win (I'll cry my heart out, lol) I'll be happy because I have totally reinvented myself and that is priceless. Yes, money is nice. But being able to keep up with my boys and seeing myself growing old with my husband is better than anything money can buy.

Which brings me to the title of today's blog. NO! I'm not getting married. I'm already taken. LOL. But when I was thinking about posting something today, it's the title that stuck with me. So here goes....

Something old...I'm proud to say while I'm still a size 12, I was able to get into a very old dress that I haven't worn since after my second son's birth!

Something new...I got a new laptop. Although, it's small as crap and irritates me a little because it's so small. But I love it. The hubster bought it for me so I wouldn't have to wait on him to finish in our home office. What a guy! It's also an early Mother's Day gift.

Something borrowed... I got new books from the library, lol.

Something Ooh (as in Ooh la la)... In a few weeks, I will be celebrating my 6th wedding anniversary. And the hubster is taking me away for a little trip without the kids. We haven't been together without the kids in like 4 years so this is a very needed trip. Anyway, I picked up this awesome bathing suit that I plan to wear. I'm so excited too because I haven't worn anything this sexy to swim in since forever. And, I owe it all to the contest. It has given me so much confidence. I can't wait to surprise my husband with it. Normally, I wear one of those blob like things from Walmart.

No comments: