Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Down to The Last 15lbs

So Biggest Loser contest aside for a moment, guess what? I'm down to the last 15lbs of my current goal weight which is 165lbs. I say current because my overall weight goal is to be down to 150lbs. I'm so psyched and so proud! I can't believe I am close to being where I was before I had kids. Isn't that crazy?! I KNOW!! So I've added in some toning exercises to help tone my arms and legs. I mean, really, what good is it having lost all the weight if the flab is just there? I've got to show off my sexy body come summer. Plus, I want people to be like "damn, is that Janet Jackson over there?" Hmm...I guess I need to get started on hiring my bodyguards.

You know who is really excited, but very low key about it? My husband. He's never complained ever about my weight or body. He absolutely loves it. So where is his excitement coming from? His excitement is coming from me. He sees how happy I am now that I'm not struggling with the extra weight. Seriously, I could barely run to the mailbox without getting winded. He knows how happy I am that I can now keep up with my boys, jog, dance, and do whatever now. Also, losing weight and exercising daily has helped a lot with my depression battles. I feel good, really good. I'm so glad I decided to make this change in my life.

I can't wait to reach my goal. Well, actually I can because the journey is so sweet.

2 comments:

laniza said...

You go, girl! I love this post :)! This is just the motivation that I need, so keep up the good work :).

Brandie said...

Way to go, Makita! I'm proud of you!