Sunday, April 19, 2009

Who's That Lady?

Why... it's me!!!! So I was superly inspired by last week's episode of the Biggest Loser. For those of you who missed it, it was makeover week. Now coupled with the fact that my long dreadlocks have been working my nerve for awhile now. Thanks to a wonderful little guy who is obsessed with trying to grab them so he can eat them. And then add that to yesterday's fun playdate that was all about cutting hair. So badda bing badda boom...I cut my locs!!! Not all the way off. I love my locks. I've been natural for 5 years this summer and locked for 3 now. So I wasn't ready to just let them go. But I was ready to say bye bye to the length. So inspired by the show, friends, and myself I decided now was the time. Plus, it's only fitting for me to have my own little makeover session. I've lost 23lbs so far. So I think a new Makita was in order. My kids love it. My oldests are now calling me "special, new Mommy" and they love it. Now Patrick (the one who wants to eat it) is like "what the hell mom? You didn't even give me a chance!" LOL, he'll get over it!

I just wanted to share this all with you. You all are a great support system for me. :)


Before:



After:

5 comments:

laniza said...

Wow! It looks crazy neat! Man, it must be so easy to wash-n-go!

Jamie said...

You look beautiful either way. Did it make you lose an extra pound or anything? ;)

Kim said...

Looks fantastic!! WTG! Keep it up :) Your blog just gave me the motivation to restart my program! Prob won't affect the scale this friday, but watch out next friday!

Brandie said...

You look great!!!

Pamela Foreman said...

Looking good! Like the new hairdo!